Bookstore Dates

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

It's obvious that as a bookworm, I love going to bookstores. While I enjoy the solitary experience of going by myself, it can also be pretty great when you have someone to go with. Hence, the bookstore date idea. 


I love bookstore dates. In my opinion, bookstore dates encourage conversations and open opportunities to get to know the other person. If it's a first date, you get to hear about their likes and dislikes, favorites and not-so-favorites, figure out their tastes. It doesn't put pressure either, because you're both focused on the lovely shelves. 
For me, my boyfriend and I still go and love it after a few years together. We usually enjoy each other's company in silence, as we peruse through, but let me tell you, books have also sparked some amazing, meaningful conversations between us two. I highly recommend trying it out! 


(P.S. -My boyfriend is not a huge reader, but he loves non-fiction - mostly environmental, science, and photography books. He just understands my addiction with books, which makes him suggesting going to bookstores even more appreciated.)

Are bookstore dates a typical thing for you? What other date ideas do you have that you think others should start doing too? As always, I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

8 comments:

  1. Bookshop dates are great, but so are library dates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Library dates are great as well, though I have to admit, it's tough because I look a total hoarder when I'm in a library and we do have to keep it down, so talking is out sometimes.

      Delete
  2. I love bookstore dates! The Huz isn't a huge reader either. When we were in the early years of dating we used to go to a local bookstore and get coffee and wander the stacks. We even picked books occasionally and read chapters to each other. Love those memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband is so awesome though, I see his gifts for you on your instagram all the time! :D And so sweet, reading books to each other is always such a great idea.

      Delete
  3. I could wander around bookshops for hours every day so easily. I usually leave my other half in the coffee shop part if there is one, he likes books but I think I drag him into so many the novelty has worn off a little for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bookstores with coffee shops are the best because yes, you could just leave them there haha.

      Delete
  4. A bookstore date? Why I have never thought of that before! Hm, next time I find someone to go on a date with I will certainly suggest this. It could be a good way to weed out guys who don't love books or aren't willing to accommodate a reader ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a brilliant plan to me! Haha. I used to do that. My life has so much to do with literature I wouldn't be able to be with someone who won't even accommodate being with one.

      Delete